A SATELLITE TELEPHONE IS A FUNDAMENTAL INSTRUMENT FOR PERSONAL SAFETY.
In areas without GSM coverage or in contexts where there is deterioration or saturation of the terrestrial mobile network, the satellite telephone is the only solution to communicate. It is a mobile device that uses the network of satellites orbiting the Earth for communication. This is why a satellite phone is more reliable than a smartphone but subject to the criticalities of the terrestrial network, such as:
- limited coverage
- not suitable for supporting large volumes of traffic
- overload with simultaneous communications between multiple users
- bound by the functioning of the terrestrial infrastructure
- unsuitable for high-speed data transfer (3G / 4G services become rapidly congested)
In an emergency, the satellite phone allows you to call for help, report your GPS position and give directions on the situation of the territory and people in need. It is often sufficient to communicate quickly with help to exit without danger from a dangerous situation.
WHY YOU NEED IT
- Personal security, emergency and availability at a global level
- Transversality of use in all corners of the planet, from the heart of the desert to the islands, from the mountains off the oceans
- Continuous availability, even during the management of extraordinary events that make traditional networks unusable
- Free roaming all over the world: calls received within the coverage area of the satellite operator do not involve any cost
- Reliability of the service completely independent of GSM networks
- Communication in emergency situations with SOS buttons or messages, essential in case of need
FIELDS OF USE
By boat, in the mountains, in off-road vehicles and in any situation where the traditional network (GSM, 3G, 4G or LTE) is not available, or traveling, without giving up freedom of movement and without ever paying for roaming!
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
- Always be outside and with full visibility of the sky
- Pull out the antenna completely
- Always enter the international prefix of the number you want to call (eg 0039 or +39 for Italy)
- Inquire about the local regulations of the place where you are going: it is possible that some countries limit and / or deny the use of satellite equipment
- Find the geographical numbers (eg 06 XXXXX) of the Emergency numbers: the satellite SIMs do not allow calls to the numbers to decade 1, 4, 7 and 8)
- Recharge the battery and check your credit (in case of prepaid SIM)